News & Events
In this very strange year, full of the unexpected, we decided to try something unusual at GG. Hopefully this is a much more pleasant unusual than many of the events of 2020 have been!
In order to meet our fundraising goals of the year, since so many markets and shows have been canceled, we’re
partnering with Beaver Creek Candle Company on a fundraiser. We thought that this was the perfect time of year to sell these locally made candles, as people start thinking about the holidays and gift buying. AND, Goodness Grows will receive 50% of the price of every candle sold!
All of the money will be put right back into our programs.
Another exciting thing about partnering with the Beaver Creek Candle Company is that they work with adults with disabilities, and every candle purchase goes to supporting their workers and facilities. So, it is a win-win all around!
If you would like to learn more about this amazing candle company, check out their website at bccandle.com.
If you or your friends/family would like to purchase from this fundraiser, please let us know no later than the morning of Monday, November 30. We will then place the order and have the candles here in 10-12 days, in time for Christmas.
Thank you for your support of Goodness Grows and for trying this new way of raising money with us,
GG Staff & Board
We Flea for one reason - community. The Youngstown Flea hosts a “Market For Makers” one Saturday per month from 9am-3pm right in the heart of the Downtown Youngstown area dedicated to local/regional vendors of hand-made, antique and repurposed wood/metal/furniture, vintage clothing, and collectibles.
Right now we are waiting to hear if the Holiday Flea will be held this year. We'll keep you posted!
Handmade Cat Toys Created by Our Clients!
Easy Ways to Support GG
1. Online Shopping! ~ If you shop Amazon, anytime during the year, you can support GG for free at the same time! Just use Amazon Smile and choose Goodness Grows as your charity of choice. Then, you get your items and we get 0.5% of the purchase price through this program! Check it out online at smile.amazon.com.
2. Volunteering! ~ Give of your time and get back lots of love & smiles! We enjoy having people pitch in to help with jam making, crafting, gardening...whatever we're working on. Maybe you even have a skill you could teach us!
3. Donating Items! ~ We are always in need of basic jam making supplies such as regular 8oz. canning jars, lids, sugar, and white vinegar.
4. Purchasing Our Products! ~ Proceeds from jam & crafts go right back to our programs.
5. Charitable Giving! ~ As a small non-profit, Goodness Grows depends upon generous supporters who give monetary support. A contribution to Goodness Grows is tax-deductible, to the extent allowed by law. As you are pondering what organizations to support in this new year, please consider a gift (one-time or on-going) to Goodness Grows. Your donations help us to continue our mission of working with people of all abilities.
There is good work being done right here and we would love for you to be a part of it!
THE BIG TAP IN
Originally scheduled for spring, pushed to August, and now canceled for 2020. Keep your fingers crossed that we can all join in the fun in 2021!