About Goodness Grows:
- Significant Dates in Goodness Grows History:
2007 - Goodness Grows founded
2010 - Work began with area schools; First CSA program held
2011 - Bloomin' Butterfly Garden created by Mrs. Kromer's special needs class
- Goodness Grows operates inside and on the grounds of Common Ground Church Community. We are a separate 501(c)3 non-profit as well as being a mission of the church. Church members play a vital role in supporting our work here in North Lima and, in return, we take care of much of the property...inside and out!
- Goodness Grows is licensed through the state of Ohio as a Department of Developmental Disabilities service provider. We are a site that provides daily programming - vocational habilitation - for adults with disabilities. This means we provide training in a wide array of life skills.
Our clients spend their time here learning how to cook, bake, do laundry, clean, take care of gardens, and much more.
- We use gardening as a safe and intentional method to develop an individual's ability to socialize, improve physical and cognitive skills,
and learn to be more independent.
- Our clients learn about the importance of being good stewards of the environment, as they work to grow produce and herbs in a sustainable manner. We use our produce for a CSA, take it to markets, and donate at least 10% to local food banks.
- We are currently increasing programming by upgrading our facilities and continuing to connect with the community to provide job training resources and integrated employment opportunities for students and adults with disabilities.
- Goodness Grows works with area schools, educational programs, volunteers, and church groups. We are a work site for mission trips and volunteer days, where participants can be involved in a variety of indoor and outdoor hands-on projects.